Last time, on Saturday, I switched to my new laptop. It is good enough and works very fast. It has Intel i7 processor. It’s damn faster than other. In my old pc, there is not good processor. I am going to gift that to my cousin. So, I improved some few things and now finally I am going to gift it. Do you know what I improved? I just changed the PC processor name that appears in computer properties windows. Isn’t it bad giving a dummy pc to your cousin as a gift? Yes!. I know that my pc is still a dummy however; my small cousin cannot reveal the trick. He would believe as he see :p Okay! Are you planning to change your pc processor name? Yes but how to? Don’t Worry! Here you get it. So let’s get started.
Before you begin, let me tell you how it works.
How It Works?
Actually, we are going to do some modifications in registry using notepad. We are going to inject a code in registry. Each time you run that code file, you PC processor name will appeared changed. But it has a criticism. What? Each time you restart your pc, you have to run the file. However, here is the solution for this problem. We are going to place that registry file in windows start-up folder. So, it will automatically launch every time. Isn’t that cool? So without wasting more time, let’s do it…….
Change Processor Name Permanently In Windows 7
Below are the steps that you need to follow in order to perform this trick.
- First, open notepad. (See start menu. Didn’t found? Okay go to run and type Notepad and press enter)
- Download the file from here
- Once the file gets downloaded, open it and copy all the codes inside it.
- Now in notepad, you opened in step 1, paste the codes.
- Save the notepad file as custom.reg
- Open custom.reg with notepad once again.
- You will find a code matching “Enter Processor Name here”.
- Just replace that text with the name you want.
- Now, save the file.
- Go to your desktop
- Now create a new shortcut there by right clicking on an empty area.
- In the location, enter “regedit / S LOCATION OF CUSTOM.REG” without double quotes. Replace LOCATION OF CUSTOM.reg with the location of the file Custom.reg. example : D:\Apple
- Right click on recently created shortcut file
- Select copy
- Now, go to your pc startup directory. Normally, on windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, it is C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
- Paste the file you copied in step 14
- You are done!
Note: If you are windows XP user then please search your start up directory in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
I hope this trick worked for you. If you have not yet tried this trick, then do it now. If you get problem on any step while performing this trick then comment below. I love to reply back to my visitors. Now, as usual, it’s time to share this post, so don’t wait do it!